Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bring It On Autumn!


For two days I have been cold. It's that time of year where I sit and work in denial that the weather has in fact changed from summer to autumn. Yes, it's November but in Northern California that doesn't always mean that we are wearing our sweaters and wooly socks. Sure, it's chilly in the morning but by mid-day we are back to flip flops and short-sleeved shirts. But as I said, the past two days have been cold. Wooly socks, cardigan, and warm cups of tea to keep my fingers warm as I work on the computer.

As the sun was setting this evening, I decided that it was a risotto kind of night, maybe with some sage and kabocha squash. It's my favorite and I had a bit in the freezer leftover from something or other. Stirring the risotto would warm me. I love standing at the stove and stirring risotto. It's so meditative and I usually pour a little extra wine, some for the risotto and some for me. Meditation, wine, and warm, comfy rice one a cold, rainy night. Bring it on autumn!