Friday, October 21, 2011

Mission Santa Clara Cemetery




I have been playing with my Diana F quite a bit lately and trying to replicate some results. It might be tough to do as I am not terribly scientific in my approach and my camera is a plastic toy, not that I mean that as a negative statement, it is just slightly unpredictable, and my film is expired. But, I am persistent, I choose similar subjects, similar light and use the same film, Velvia 50. My subjects are all statues. One of the best places with plenty of statues near me is the Mission Santa Clara Cemetery. 


Today I brought my Diana F and shot off a roll. I also tossed my DSLR into my bag, just in case. Here are some photos from the cemetery. The film goes to the developer this weekend. I've got my fingers crossed that I have some success. I have also come to realize that cemeteries are really wonderful places to work when you need some peace and quiet.